(meteorobs) Daytime Craterids showing surprise activity *right now*

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Thu Aug 29 01:57:00 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/28/2013 11:07:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
geert at barentsen.be writes:

I am currently attending the Meteoroids conference in Poland. At the
meeting, Prof. Peter Brown has just alerted us to the fact that the Daytime
Craterids (DCR) have unexpectedly shown up in the Canadian Meteor Orbit Radar
(CMOR). You can see the radar detection for yourself at:

http://fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov/cmor-radiants/

Geert --

Has anyone at the Conference spoken about the possible outburst  associated
with 209P/LINEAR next May?

When this was announced last October, we were told that new  observations
of the comet
would help refine the ZHR forecast for this potential  display.  We were
told that the "most likely"ZHR  would be 100 to 400, but a true "storm" (ZHR =
>1000) could not be ruled  out.

Does anyone have anything new to add?  We are now only ~8 months away.

-- joe rao