(meteorobs) Daytime Craterids showing surprise activity *right now*

Geert Barentsen geert at barentsen.be
Thu Aug 29 03:57:13 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,

The reply from Chris is a good summary of a talk by Jeremie Vaubaillon on
the topic. There hasn't been a lot of new data since the initial
prediction, in part because it's tricky to go 200 years back in time to
observe. (Present day observations are useful too, but the comet hasn't
been easy to observe lately.)

All the more reasons to plan meteor observing campaigns for the period
around 2014 May 24, so we can figure this one out with data.

Useful link:

http://www.imcce.fr/langues/en/ephemerides/phenomenes/meteor/DATABASE/209_LINEAR/2014/index.php?char=shower&body=Earth&year=2014&shower=209_LINEAR

Geert