(meteorobs) Question about Aurigids peak Sept 1

Meteors meteors at howardedin.com
Sat Aug 31 18:00:15 EDT 2013

Hi Bruce,

My notes include a reference to an unusual blue-green color seen in
meteors from this shower. Not sure where that observation comes from. If
the showers timing is anywhere close to the previous published data then
tonight, August 31st is the peak date for the CDT time zone. This is
reasonably good timing. The radiant point will be rising about the time
true darkness starts and the moon will not rise until about 2:30 local
time. So there will be many completely dark hours to observe under and
even after the moon rises it may not be too bright for awhile.

If your sky is clear and you have the chance it would be worth
observing. If it stays clear I'm going to stay up and watch from my mag
5 semi-rural skies.

Howard