(meteorobs) One Step Closer

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 11:48:50 EST 2013

At 11:16 PM 12/3/2013, you wrote:

>I am one step closer to the installation of my 6 Meter Forward
>Scatter Beacon Transmitter. It appears there is an inexpensive way
>to make a 30 Watt Brick Amplifier which seems a good choice for an
>initial experimental Beacon.  I would appreciate any and all advice
>concerning installation, especially the legal stuff, like FCC
>certifications/registration/licensing etc.
>

>Jay Salsburg

Given the fact that the TV stations we monitor (I still get good
results on NTSC channel 2A and 2C) are in the 100KW to megawatt
region, how sure are you that 30W will be sufficient for any
meaningful results?

Will it be continuous carrier or a normal 6M CW beacon?  If it is CW,
I would think that would reduce its usefulness ever further.

I recall you said a while back you had your ham ticket?  You need to
be licensed to operate a 6M beacon.

Paul
WA9PUL

Paul Goelz