(meteorobs) GEM rates

kevin kell trekkerkev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 14:59:54 EST 2013

On 2013-12-14 6:54 AM, Bruce McCurdy wrote:
> Did I mention it's -20° C. on an ongoing basis with wind chills considerably
> below that, and with snow accumulating by several centimetres per day. Not
> exactly ideal for meteor watching, or for driving to remote, snowbound sites
> in the middle of the night for that matter.
>
> It's making me cranky.
>
> Bruce
> *****
Don't be cranky Bruce!
Set up a camera and start enjoying a much warmer meteor watching career :)
Here is a compilation of 91 meteors from Dec 13/14 overnight.

http://starlightcascade.ca/allsky2/showers/ev_20131214-geminids.png

Much nicer inside by the fire.  We actually did consider going outside
but it was also -20 C here with a good wind

--
Kevin Kell
kingston.rasc.ca RASC-KC Treasurer