(meteorobs) Geminid bonanza in Colorado

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 14 16:37:26 EST 2013

These shower identifications are single station, based on radiant and
velocity. Some meteors simply have too short a trail, or are too close
to the horizon to accurately determine a radiant. Those go in the
unknown bin. Sporadics are meteors with trails that don't align with any
active radiant. I can bin most of them into antihelion and northern apex
members, but my little radiant analyzer just lumps all sporadics together.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com