(meteorobs) Interesting Geminid pair

Roberto Gorelli md6648 at mclink.it
Thu Dec 19 03:23:34 EST 2013

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:10:49 -0700
  Chris Peterson <clp at alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I recorded an interesting pair of Geminids at UT 06:17 on 13 Dec.
>They
> are simultaneous and parallel, with an estimated separation of ~20
>km
> (hard to know for sure, as I only have this on one camera). I'm
>always
> cautious about my brain's need to find order where there may be
>none,
> but it seems to me very likely that these two meteors are related in
> some way. Any ideas?
>
> http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=59813
>
> Chris
> --

> Chris L Peterson

There is not problem that two meteors can to be related between they,
it's probable that they break up a very very little time before, some
hours or day before, why? There are many possibilities, for example
they was linked by ice or other materials with  low point of fusion
and
the solar radiation melt it, perharps.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli