(meteorobs) What Software

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 21 10:35:36 EST 2013

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/
 Video Stacking is a technique for processing Video or sequential images to
enhance and improve the image. REGISTAX does this but is for post processing
and Astronomy not Meteor Capture.

My current Camera uses a Sony Sensor which Stacks the Video internally with
its own hardware processor. While this is a great enhancement of the video
in real time, it is not conducive to real time processing.

I want to use one of the new Web Cams that appear to have excellent sensor
technology.

It also appears that Cell Phones (Smart Phones) are improving their Video
Sensors, (Cameras). It is just a matter of time before someone makes a Smart
Phone "App" that captures Meteors then posts the processed Video to a server
in real time, from unattended remote locations.