(meteorobs) What Software

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Dec 21 11:49:41 EST 2013

I understand what stacking is. But it has no utility for meteor work,
except for generating background star fields for astrometric calibration.

For meteor work, you want to avoid cameras that use any sort of internal
stacking or signal processing.

Sensor technology isn't improving all that fast. Good sensors already
have very high QE, and many cameras have very good noise
characteristics. In general, you will get the best results with cameras
using Sony HAD sensors. Cameras with digital interfaces will give better
results than analog cameras used with frame grabbers.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com