(meteorobs) For Jupiter meteor flash telescope - should I use filters?

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Dec 29 02:39:31 EST 2013

I have begun to monitor Jupiter for meteor flashes using a 10" SCT
telescope recording to video.

I am wondering if anyone has advice or thoughts regarding possible
filters. At the moment I am not using any filtering. It might seem like
infrared would be useful but maybe it wouldn't be?  Not sure.

Any suggestions or tips for optical detection of meteors striking
Jupiter are welcome and I am thanking you in advance.

Info on Jovian impact detection software here:
http://www.astrosurf.com/planetessaf/doc/project_detect.shtml

Thomas Ashcraft  -  Heliotown  -  New Mexico