(meteorobs) [Fw: Comet ISON Meteor Shower]

Pat Branch pat_branch at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 10:04:13 EST 2013

By my calculations for pieces to be hitting us now would require an ejection velocity of about 11km/sec a little too large to be likely.

The point of closest passage occurs on Jan 15, but a couple of experts I talk to seem to be predicting more on the 16th or 17th for some reason. The most likely time span is Jan 12-18 and the meteors should appear to come from Draco.

I will be keeping an eye out for a rise in rates at that time.