(meteorobs) Russian fireball rough orbit

Esko Lyytinen esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi
Fri Feb 15 10:46:58 EST 2013

Using mainly the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZxXYscmgRg
and the weather satellite image, with no real good calibrations, I get a
rough solar system orbit ( the last stage by means of Marco Langbroek
Excel sheet).

( Entry with velocity 17 km/s ( 17.3) from about az. 97 with the slope
of 18 deg. Corresponding (luminous) start heigth (assumed, quite heigh
for the velocity, but considers very big size) 100 km and the end 7+  km.)
a=1.66
e=0.52
q=0.80 AU
aphelion at 2.53 AU
node=326.43 ( J2000.0 )
arg peri=116.0
i=4.05
43.6 days after perihelion
The geocentric radiant is 338, +2
This is only of very general quality and given with (a lot) too many
decimals.

The orbit does not much resemble the 2009 Feb, 16 innish fireball that I
told of yesterday.

According to that solution, the landing site would be not much more than
30 km away from that video recording site. But I do not know the
coordinates of this, except very roughly.
There quite probably are a lot of small fragments fallen down much
earlier along the track,  (with possibly a number of bigger ones,
besides the main piece).

Esko