(meteorobs) pi-Puppid outburst in 2013 ?

Karl Antier karl.antier at laposte.net
Wed Feb 27 12:27:50 EST 2013

Dear meteor observers,

I was thinking on the pi-Puppids (PPU) shower and realized the comet 26P/Grigg-Skjellerup, which is at the origins of the shower was to come to perihelion this year, on July 6th. As I read that outbursts of this meteor shower have occured in the past when the comet was coming close to perihelion, I was wondering if anyone had tried to model the meteoroid streams to see if the possibility of an outburst in 2013 was real or not.

Thansk in advance for your answers!
And clear skies to all!
Karl

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net