(meteorobs) SpaceWeatherRadio

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Fri Jan 4 07:13:49 EST 2013

At 06:59 AM 1/4/2013, you wrote:
>Remember that each analog TV channel includes three video carrier
>frequencies.  For channel 2, that includes 55.239, 55.249 and 55.259
>MHz.  Here in the Dallas, Texas area, echoes can be heard on all
>three frequencies.  However, direct carrier signals are often heard
>on the 55.249 MHz frequency indicating tropospheric propagation.  A
>list of analog TV stations is available at the following URL:

Really?  Do you have any idea where the stations are?  I thought I
was unique up here near Detroit since there are some Canadian
stations still on analogue.  I get useful results on 55.239 and
55.259.  There is a carrier on 55.249 but it is constant with no
airplane tracks so I assume it is local cable leakage.

BTW, I can go live with a setup comparing a Kenwood TS480 feeding
Spectrum Lab vs. a USB TV tuner dongle feeding HDSDR if anyone is
interested.  I had it live the other day and tried posting to this
list but the post never showed up so no one knew it was
available.  Both setups gave very good results.

The shower is subsiding by now, but if anyone is interested in the
comparison between the two receivers and softwares, let me know and
I'll switch it on for a while and post the URL.

Paul

Paul Goelz
pgoelz at comcast.net
Rochester Hills, MI