(meteorobs) Pilot carriers for meteor scatter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sat Jan 19 09:56:44 EST 2013

Jan 19, 2013

Some years ago I did experiment with a pilot carrier waves that
broadcast at 54.309 MHz USB.
http://www.heliotown.com/FB2s20090617_1017ut_Ashcraft.mp4

Since I am still getting strong meteor scatter from Mexico I didn't
experiment with pilot carriers any further.

But I just tuned into 54.309 MHz USB on both my meteor radios and am
getting consistent meteor pings at 7:30 am Saturday morning. It is not
as strong as my regular Mexican tv video carriers but it is useable for
data it looks like.

Also just tested 54.310 MHz USB is producing pings.

Maybe some of you folks could check out these frequencies in your area
and report findings here.  Thanks in advance if you do.

Thomas Ashcraft -  Heliotown  -   New Mexico

(See also this page for related information. Info may be dated though
from 2009.   http://www.qsl.net/w/wa5iyx/lovesavd.htm   )