(meteorobs) Getting meteors on ATSC Channel 3

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 07:59:54 EST 2013

Folks,

I'm getting meteors today in the Detroit area on ATSC channel 3 video
carrier frequency, 61.260MHz.  This is not the usual situation....
usually I see nothing.  So propagation must be good today or there is
a new transmitter on the air.

I have activated my live feed and configured it so that I display a
spectrogram from 55.260MHz (analog channel 2) and 61.260MHz (ATSC
channel 3) simultaneously.

http://www.pgoelz.com/radiometeor_livefeed.html

The lower left portion of the display is the 55.260MHz spectrogram
(TS480 receiver and Spectrum Lab).  The lower right portion of the
display is the 61.260MHz spectrogram (HDSDR receiver software with
built in audio spectrogram and USB TV tuner dongle).

After about an hour I won't be around to answer Emails but I'll leave
it on for the rest of the day.

Paul

Paul Goelz
pgoelz at comcast.net