(meteorobs) Courtenay Fireball

David D. Balam cosmos at uvic.ca
Mon Jan 21 11:36:59 EST 2013

 Hi Ed,
 The DAO images have been checked. Sorry, we have only a 33% chance of
recording any rapid transient as the shutter is open for 10 seconds out
of 30. Your fireball was 10 seconds into the closed-shutter part of the
cycle. We were clear with moonlit fog attenuating starlight by roughly 1
magnitude.
 Dave