(meteorobs) meteors' voice

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Fri Jul 26 19:39:00 EDT 2013

On 7/26/13 3:51 13000, andrea miccoli wrote:

> Hello all,
> I read this forum since long time but I've never posted any mail. I
> have to ask you something very special for blind people --fond of
> astronomy- to whom I send, from time to time,   simple news about
>  astronomy. To help them understand astronomy I've built  several
> special tools but for shooting stars only so many words. Many times
> I've read in this forum, that the audio track of a radio meteor is a
> "ping" whichcould be heard by a blind person. I assure you that this
> would be a really big-big thrill for a blind lover of astronomy. Now
> comes August, everybody in the world  is talking about shooting stars
> and  me too I'd like to explain to them what a meteor is.  Withyour
> help, possibly even helpthem to "see" using mind while listening with
> their  ears.
> Thanks to those who can send me some audio files and any kind of
> "voice" coming from the sky.
> Andrea Miccoli
> Latina (Italy)
> www.astronomiapontina.it <http://www.astronomiapontina.it>

Dear Andrea,

Here is five minutes of meteors:
http://www.heliotown.com/Forward_Scatter/Space_Dust.html

Here are a few strong fireballs:
http://www.heliotown.com/FBs20110405_075036ut_Ashcraft.mp4
http://www.heliotown.com/FBs20120802_Perseid_Ashcraft.mp4
http://www.heliotown.com/FBs20110417_074250utAshcraft.mp4

Here is a collection of meteor movies with radio reflections. Most are
in stereo captured with two separate radios.
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs.html

Clear skies to you,
Thomas Ashcraft in New Mexico