(meteorobs) New Ka transmitter may be useful to Radar observers

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Fri Jun 7 11:02:01 EDT 2013

Hi
Can some one please explain why the trend (global) is to move to higher (UHF+) frequency radar and communications when searching for a decent scatter frequency. Have all VHF analogue transmitter been abandoned in favour
of digitized signals and communication? If the lower frequencies are being abandoned, are there corporations or private/public institutions using the lower frequencies for research?
George John Drobnock