(meteorobs) No GDE outburst between 5:30-9:00 UT

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 08:08:49 EDT 2013

Pete,
Please do keep us posted on any potential alignments to the GDE
radiant you might find in your video data.  I still have a nagging
suspicion that the +2 meteor I saw this morning might... just might...
have been a possible GDE.  The apparent speed on it was right and the
distance from the radiant versus its path length was favorable also.
Seeing no others like it during the watch however, caused me to think
it was an SPO.  Tracking it back, I had it passing within about five
degrees of the radiant, sliding by it on the western side by about
three degrees or so.  I certainly agree though that no GDE outburst or
enhancement of any kind was evident visually while I was out at least.

Thanks, Paul in St. A.