(meteorobs) No GDE outburst

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Tue Jun 11 08:57:44 EDT 2013

I was out for two hours centered on the proposed maximum. I saw nothing that could have been a Delphinid. I did see two nice Anthelions and a handful of sporadics. My LM was 6.0-6.5. It could have been better but the normal stratus deck that shrouds San Diego at night this time of year was absent. I also had some cirrus low in the east from dissipated thunderstorms. There were also patchy alto cumulus that occasionally floated over from the west. Besides the zero magnitude Anthelion meteor, there was also a -1 iridium flare low in the north just after 1am.

Clear Skies!

Bob