(meteorobs) Aftermath?

Esko Lyytinen esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi
Tue Jun 11 13:58:12 EDT 2013

Hi all,

This prediction was based on three special things. One is that an
outburst really happened in 1930, which most probably is true.
Secondly it is based on the assumption that this was of a long period
nature, a few hundred years in minimum. There is no actual knowledge on
this and this is only based on the fact (above) of an unexpected short
lived outburst that are typical to long period outbursts ( of one
revolution trail).
Thirdly this is based on the derived radiant. If the radiant derived
from the visual observations in 1930 is too much in error, then also the
prediction would fail (most probably would not appear or wery weakly
only, definite time error is not probable). This case however is not
especially sensitive to minor errors in this.
It is now my opinion that this is not of long period, maybe of Hallye type.

I just read in meteorobs on increased radio rater. Maybe this is a GDE
outburst. If this really is, then it could be a non modelled outburst
fron a Halley type comet maybe.
Secondly, I am especially interested on the fireball that Thomas
Ashcraft captured and told he expects to be a GDE. If this is, then
hopefully some improvenemt to the radiant direction can be achived.

Esko