(meteorobs) Negative? on Gamma Delphinids

pjenniskens pjenniskens at mail.seti.org
Tue Jun 11 07:40:32 EDT 2013

Paul,

Could the radiant have been in Aquila instead of Delphinus? From 8-9 UT,
under +6.2 skies, I had five sporadics, but one of these, at 8:32 UT, was a
short swift +1 meteor near alpha Ophiuchi that could have been a shower
member if the radiant position determined in 1930 was off. Will find out if
we have an orbit for this one.

-Peter

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 05:25:15 -0400, Paul Jones <jonesp0854 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I totally echo Wes's report from here in north Florida.  I was out for
the
> exact period that he was and got almost the exact same results!   I had
> about seven sporadics during the 45 minutes under skies that started
mostly
> hazy, but ended up improving to almost perfectly clear.  I will say that
> one of the meteors - a swift +2 going north in Cygnus, was a fairly close
> line up to the projected GDE radiant.  It looked more like a chance
> sporadic line up to me more than it did a possible GDE though.
Hopefully,