(meteorobs) eta-Aquariids from South-Eastern France

Karl Antier karl.antier at laposte.net
Tue May 7 00:07:56 EDT 2013

Hi all!

Just back from a very small non-official session due to tireness.
The rates of the eta-Aquariids as seen from South-Eastern France (lat. = 43°50' N ; lon. = 005°47' E) were still decent this morning (07/05/2013) between 02h25 and 03h05 UT, when I could spot 8 ETA with a 5.9 to 6.0 limiting magnitude. The meteors really appears in "groups" separated by 10 to 15 minutes of non-activity. The biggest group appeared around 02h40, when 4 of them appeared within one or two minutes!
Meteors were quite long and bright, two of them having negative magnitudes.
I do not know what the rates look like at the present time (hard to guess ZHRs with such a low radiant altitude), but they seem always quite decent!

Sorry for not being able to provide a real report, but seen the tireness, I'm afraid the data would not have had the required accuracy...
I hope others could watch the show this morning!

Clear skies and good luck to all!
Karl

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net