(meteorobs) Eta Aquariid movie from New Mexico

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Tue May 7 12:56:29 EDT 2013

May 07, 2013

Here is an ETA specimen with stereo radio reflection and embedded
all-sky map. Unfortunately I was clouded out a lot of the period visually.

http://www.heliotown.com/FBs20130507_100005ut_ETA_Ashcraft.mp4

This year, for red sprite and transient luminous event observations, I
set up a dedicated radio tuned to the Space Fence radar at 216.98 MHz
and noted many long duration fireballs on May 05 and May 06. Some
reflections lasted up to 40 seconds which is long for that high of
frequency.  The ETAs were of course stronger at lower VHF ( 61 MHz)
with near constant over-dense reception during the peak days. As I write
- 1653 UT May 07, 2013,  I still see long duration radio reflections at
61 MHz but not much activity at 216.98 MHz.

Thomas Ashcraft  -  Heliotown  -  New Mexico

PS:  In the movie all the white background dots are dead pixels and not
stars. After five years of continuous service my camera is wearing out.