(meteorobs) Possible alternative way to quantify radio meteors

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:48:04 EDT 2013

Hello Thomas,

The Spectrum Lab's script I wrote saves a TXT file with additional
information about the meteor echo as well as a picture, this works well
with few reflections, but i guess it will not work with high rates, as it
will be continuously logging data. Also a drawback is the requirement of
"see" the direct signal from the transmitter as the idea is to finally
obtain  positioning based on multi Doppler measurements, a fellow who has a
degree in advanced physics and astronomy is helping me as he is preparing
some equations for this purpose.

An old data can be found here (
http://cm2esp.site90.net/RadMetObs/05-2013/06/). I plan to upload more
recent data by Monday.

Also you may find the script i use here (
http://cm2esp.site90.net/RadMetObs/script_meteor_ping_detection.t_t)

I wrote yesterday a second version optimized for high drifting
transmitters/receivers which i hope to test during the weekend.

All the best,

Raydel