(meteorobs) Nice meteor in NJ

KDConod kdconod at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 22:25:07 EDT 2013

While out viewing the trio of planets this evening I was lucky enough to also see a bright meteor.

I was viewing from Riker Hill in Livingston, NJ. The meteor came straight down towards the north west horizon. It was like a tear drop slowly falling down the sky. I'd say it was around -4 magnitude. It lasted about 5 seconds or so, left a trail behind it covering about 30 degrees of sky. No sounds or fragmentation and did not leave any kind of smoke train.

With a beautiful view of the planet rtio this was icing on the cake!

Kevin Conod
kdconod at yahoo.com