(meteorobs) Bright meteor (Taurid?) at 6:54 CST from Nebraska

CheekyGeek cheekygeek at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 20:04:31 EST 2013

I'm not sure if this really qualifies as a fireball, but while I was
walking the dog tonight at 6:54 a bright meteor appeared in the
western sky moving from ENE to WSW (I'm assuming a Taurid, which is
just rising in the ENE as I type this). It was about 30 degrees above
the WSW horizon and I saw it travel an estimated 15 degrees (it may
have been visible earlier, before i noticed it). But the spectacular
thing was the way it ended, in VERY brilliant, brief, flash. My
impression was several times the brightness of Venus.

This may have been seen better on all-sky cameras in Colorado, so I'm
just passing it along for others to check their images/data.

Quite a treat.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska

--
I do my best proofreading right after I hit "Send".