(meteorobs) New Group Member

pzeller1966 pzeller1966 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 00:49:11 EST 2013

  I wanted write and introduce myself to the group. I've been an amateur
astronomer for over 30 years, since watching the Perseids from the south
shore of Lake Michigan in my teens. I'm a longtime member of the AAVSO and
recently also joined ALPO. I've recently gotten interested in systematic
meteor observing and I've enjoyed reading the posts from this group. The
potential for amateurs to contribute to this branch of astronomy seems huge
to me, since so few people get outside night after night to record meteors
outside of the big annual showers. I was wondering if there were any
members here from Indiana and if anyone knew of any good places (parks,
etc) in Southeast Indiana where one can observe. I live in Indianapolis but
work in Greensburg and I'm often traveling between the two cities before
dawn, away from a lot of light pollution. Thanks! Paul Zeller