(meteorobs) To: Dr. Tony Phillips

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 08:51:14 EST 2013

Hello all,

I listen to the streaming mentioned for a few minutes while checking the
audio on SpectrumLab.

One thing caught my attention... I could say almost 99.9% was zero doppler
"trail" echoes.

However, with my current TV system (61.240 MHz) I got almost 90% high
doppler slanted "head" echoes, several ones with both "head" and "trail"
echoes, and just a few "trail" only. Also in my system the echoes are all
with different positions plus and minus offset of the weak direct carrier I
sometimes see.

So, as there is still a lot of theory I don't know can please someone
explain me better the difference between that signals and what I get?
Perhaps the meteors of the streaming are from a very distant location in
reference from the receiver. While in comparison my system is too close to
transmitter, or is it opposite.?

Few captures my system  from this evening. Time is UTC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5i7c6y511ioicr/2013111410_0307.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nvzpc3fzzo5qw0/2013111407_0523.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4aadmi5vra2czz/2013111405_0538.jpg

Kind Regards,