(meteorobs) Meteororbs meteors 50MHZ beacons in North America

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Sun Nov 17 18:27:31 EST 2013

Part 2.

This was posted 28 July 2011

As analogue signals are now antiquated for modern communications and
meteor scatter hunting,  a thought is for those within the group having
amateur radio license to set up a series of beacons using 10 (28mhz) and

6 (50 mhz) metre wave length to set up a radio beacon farm of 6 to 8
transmitters in a geometric form cell. The transmitters would be limited

to 50 to 200 watts, thirty (40 Km) or so miles apart and transmit a CW
series of letters with station identification.

The range may be limited to a specific region, or maybe available to a
larger group of listeners

George John Drobnock