(meteorobs) Meteororbs meteors 50MHZ beacons in North America

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Tue Nov 19 09:30:04 EST 2013

Hi
I am only offering a suggestion about creating an array for meteor
observations. My interest in radio meteors is at the Very Low Frequency
part of the electromagnetic spectrum - where it is the meteor creating a
signal or signature, not transmitting a signal to be reflected from the
meteor's ionization trail. I do not have  interest in creating or
building an array farm for meteor observation.

That said,  I am certain that within the group or the AMS there is are
individuals that can create such a scatter facility that would be
beneficial. Within the ARRL QST publication there is discussion during
months of  popular meteor showers of meteor communications, a letter or
inquiry to the editor of this section may be a start to see if others
with equipment in place may be of interest and begin such an array. It
would be helpful to update the on line VHF radio beacon map.

see:
http://www.arrl.org/news/perseid-shower-poses-meteor-scatter-possibilities

http://www.arrl.org/weak-signal-vhf-dx-meteor-scatter-eme-moonbounce

google
The ARRL Operating Manual for Radio Amateurs
books.google.co.uk/books?isbn=0872591093
Mark J. Wilson, ‎American Radio Relay League - 2007 - ‎Performing
Arts

George John Drobnock