(meteorobs) FW: [radiometeoren] Re: Re: Re: Re: Question about airplane and automatic counting Spectrum Lab

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Wed Oct 2 15:44:36 EDT 2013

At 02:17 PM 9/13/2013, you wrote:
>2 Years ago I perfected an Algorithm that reliably detects Sirens
>using MatLAB. My Algorithm could be adapted to SpecLAB MACROs
>rejecting the Aircraft signals. The principle is sound and fool
>proof; analyze the up and down slope character of the amplitude in
>adjacent bins, then match the slope changes to predictable rates of
>change. I could reliably detect Sirens 400 meters away in a
>Microphone mounted outside an automobile going the speed limit on a
>freeway. My problem is that I do not have any beacons near me from
>which to harvest test recordings. Any ideas?

Jay,

If you are looking for a continuous feed (as opposed to recordings) I
can stream my receiver (audio plus spectrogram video) for you (and
anyone else) for a couple days if you like.  Let me know.  I use
U-Stream.  I think the audio stream is probably quite adequate for
your purposes.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA