(meteorobs) Magnitude minus 9 bolide-- probable Eta Cetid member

jarnac observe at jarnac.org
Sun Oct 13 04:11:59 EDT 2013

Dear friends,

On the morning of 2013 October 12, at approximately 10:30 UT I
observed a brilliant fireball as follows:

Magnitude estimate:  minus 9
Very long, moderate and graceful movement from SW to SE.  After major
flash, the remnant gradually continued southeastward for a few
seconds before fading away.

Because the Eta Cetid shower is already known for producing bright
fireballs, including a Magnitude -20 one on 1969 9 October, I suspect
that what I saw is a member of this stream.

Sincerely

David H. Levy