(meteorobs) Fireball Day 25 info requested...

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 16:55:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

Few friends had ask me about a large fireball observed in Havana Cuba
during the late evening of day August 25th. I am not sure about the time
because I didn't saw it my self, but as several persons had ask I checked.

It was around 22 and midnight EDT August 25. I have checked on my forward
scatter station and got no reflection which is weird because all reports
agreed in large fireball which split in four parts before disappear. It
cast shadows so it should had a significant magnitude.

Did any observer in Florida has any information about this event? It is
common that such big event could be not detected by my forward scatter
station???

I did had a nice and strong scatter at around 00:09 EDT (0409 UTC) of day
26th, but it is around half an hour after my friend's reported time. So, or
I was not able to get any reflection from its tail or my friend is not
remembering the time correctly, after all he didn't check his watch, he
only made a guess.

Thanks!!!

Raydel