(meteorobs) Result of short test with Pilot Carriers

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 08:40:07 EDT 2013

Hello again,

Well, I yesterday tried two hours with Pilot Carriers. I used Channel 7 in
174.310 MHz. With the low power of the pilot carriers I was receiving the
direct signal with moderate strength even when the closest transmitter
distance should be 185 Km, Quite close but direct signal should not be
copied easy, but there it was.

However, only few meteors were detected, almost as same as my current
setup, but almost none "tail" reflection, mostly "head" types with high
doppler rate, but close in frequency to the carrier.

I plan to continue testing and build a three element yagi pointing to
zenith, (right now only a dipole).

Regards,

Raydel, CM2ESP
Havana, Cuba.