(meteorobs) Result of short test with Pilot Carriers

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 12:10:42 EDT 2013

Hi Thomas,

Well, not yet on 54.310. I would like to, but first I have to see if the
signal in 55.250 from a transmitter 10 miles away doesn't interfere with
54.310. It will perhaps be better chance at 60.310 because Channel 3 is not
in use in Havana, so interference should be less.

In a previous e-mail, I don't know if it pass through the reflector, I was
commenting about pilot carriers are 12dB lower than signal power according
to ATSC Format Description. So a 30kW ERP station is similar to a 1.5kW ERP
carrier.

Thanks for the tip.

Raydel