(meteorobs) Radio meteor frequencies tried - nothing :(

Michael Boschat ANDROMED at DAL.CA
Fri Sep 6 06:06:24 EDT 2013

Morning:

  Well, I listened to the frequencies you all mentioned, 54.310, 60.310,
174, 55.250, 55.249, 55.259 MHz and I listened and listened... heard
nothing at all just static. Not a ping...

  But when I went back to my filter and 83.24 MHz I hear meteors!  but
do not hear them without the filter...too many close stations on 89
MHz. The filter is what someone called a "notch" type to eliminate
noise from other sources.

  Thus, I have only this frequency to use as the other I cannot get anything.

  I'm in Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada   N44d 39'  W63d 36'

Clear skies