(meteorobs) Update on Pilot Carrier Tests in Havana, Cuba.

Raydel Abreu (CM2ESP) cm2esp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 08:57:00 EDT 2013

Hello all,

Sorry for the long time, there were some ISP problems after a lighting hit
which affected the DSL modem.

During the weekend I built and test an antenna for 60 MHz. Pilot Carrier in
60.310 produced very faint meteors and very low in number.

However. I was able to found an interference free "hot spot" in 61.240 MHz
a minus 10 KHz offset for a TV transmitter site at no less than 100 Km from
my location.

Meteors pings are very strong and at high rates, one every 40 seconds as an
average. In general, around ten to twelve times the rates my previous
system produced on 187.250 MHz.

Still a half-wave dipole at one quarter wave above ground.

So, if there is someone wishing to try radio meteor detection at Florida or
at the souther states that frequency here in Havana, Cuba. May be an option.

Kind regards,

Raydel