(meteorobs) Bright meteors 21-23 TU Sept. 9th 2013

Esko Lyytinen esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi
Tue Sep 10 15:12:12 EDT 2013

Yes, the cameras of Finnish Fireball Working Group have recorded quite
an active SPE outburst mainly between 22 and 23 UT, maximum maybe about
22:20 or 22:25 UT.
In all we have probably more than a hundred numeric recorded SPE:s and
in additon to this quite a number of those in peak-hold images only,
from cameras that have no other type detection.
Maybe the brightest detected bolid (probably an SPE, some difficulty to
check because the flash, in most cameras cover also the early track, but
this can be made) is seen here:
http://www.taivaanvahti.fi/observations/show/18219

Actually even existing data would have predicted this outburst even with
timing within about 15 minutes, conditionally.
This was based on the 2008 outburst and the assumption that it was from
the 1-rev trail of an unknown long period comet (and 2008 timing and
radiant). That assumption was not certain to be true, but now seeems to
get a good confirmation.
Sorry, that I do not notice in time old things that I have made a number
of years ago, myself :(
Maybe, if I hade been more certain of the assumptions, I would have also
remembered this in time.
My own camera was below clouds and rain.

Esko