(meteorobs) Frequencies no go.

Michael Boschat ANDROMED at Dal.Ca
Wed Sep 11 14:45:07 EDT 2013

Hi Raydel:

> you using horizontal or vertical polarization at your dipole?

  I am using horizontal.   Whe I go back to mt 83.24 I hear meteors, it must be
my location here in Halifax that I am not getting other stations that
may still transmit analogue, ie: Ch. 2 & 4. but Ch.6 still somewere. I use
to monitor 67.24Mhz but cannot hear anything more so went back to 83.24.

This is my main setup data:
Observer: Michael Boschat

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Lat: N 44d 39'

Long: W 63d 36'

Hgt: 58 meters above sea level

Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz

Receiver: Icom R-10

Antenna : resonant dipole

Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
         elev 0 deg

Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
           receiver.

Listening Mode: CW

Recording method: listening by ear

Clear skies