(meteorobs) Frequencies no go.

Jodie Reynolds spacerocks at spaceballoon.org
Wed Sep 11 16:09:02 EDT 2013

Tune-up a couple six meter beacons.  If you hit the center of a
couple beacons, then you're either all wrong exactly the same way -
or the more likely answer:  your receiver's fine.  The six meter
beacons are in 50-52.5 Mhz range, pretty close to your 55Mhz, close
enough anyway.

When I'm tuning-up the USB dongles, I use six meter beacons, 2 meter
beacons, and air nav beacons.  If I average-out their correction I
get to within a couple PPM across the entire band, even up into UHF
satellite.   Temperature alone gives me more variation.

--- Jodie