(meteorobs) [IMO-News] The possibility of activity September epsilon Perseids

Josep Maria Trigo trigo at ieec.uab.es
Thu Sep 12 04:56:06 EDT 2013

Hiroshi Ogawa wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Mr. Hirofumi SUGIMOTO (JAPAN) observed unusual activity
>around 22:10(UT) 9th September using radio meteoro observation.
>
>He also analyzed RMOB data.
>As a result(using worldwide radio data),
>it has a possibility of Septermber epsilon Perseids.
>
>You can see the latest information as following.
> http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~hro/Flash/2013/SPE/index.html
>

>Since it is impossible to find the radiant from
>(foward-scattering) radio observation data,
>this result means the possibility of this meteor shower activity.
>Therefore, it also has the possibility
>that this activity was not caused by this meteor shower.

    Dear Hiroshi,

    Yes, we can confirm, using the data recorded from 25 video stations
of the SPanish Meteor Network
(www.spmn.uji.es) operated by different colleagues around Spain, that
the activity outburst over Europe is
associated with the Epsilon Perseids. We also detected a minor outburst
of this radiant on 2012, but this
year's activity has been much stronger and exhibiting bright fireballs.

    Cheers,
 Dr. Josep M. Trigo-Rodríguez
 Tenured Scientist at the Institute of Space Sciences (ICE, CSIC-IEEC)
 P.I. ICE Group on Meteorites, Minor bodies, and Planetary Sciences
 Group research goals: http://www.ice.csic.es/view_research_line.php?RID=16
 Campus UAB, Sciences Faculty
 Tower C-5, even, 2ond floor
 08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona), SPAIN
 Homepage: http://www.spmn.uji.es/ESP/trigo.html
 E-mail: trigo at ice.csic.es
 Telephone: +(34)935814778 ;  Fax: +(34)935814363