(meteorobs) [radiometeoren] Question about airplane and automatic counting Spectrum Lab

ernottp ernotp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:58:45 EDT 2013

Hi,
Maarten Vanleenhove wrote a script for Spectrum Lab in which he it tries to
avoid false detections due to aircrafts.
His url is:
http://www.supernovae.be/meteorcounting
However, errors occur.
Following him: "When two aircrafts reflections merge, the script will, due
to the signal width, assume a meteor was picked up. When large meteors
appear, sometimes the meteors will be double counted"

I  do not use this script because we detect too many intersections of
aircrafts (beacon at Dourbes in Belgium 49.97Mz)

Pierre Ernotte