(meteorobs) FW: [radiometeoren] Re: Re: Re: Re: Question about airplane and automatic counting Spectrum Lab

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 13 15:11:07 EDT 2013

From: Jay Salsburg [mailto:jsalsburg at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:57 PM
To: 'radioastronomie at dl6ebs.de'
Subject: RE: [radiometeoren] Re: Re: Re: Re: Question about airplane and automatic counting Spectrum Lab

2 Years ago I perfected an Algorithm that reliably detects Sirens using MatLAB. My Algorithm could be adapted to SpecLAB MACROs rejecting the Aircraft signals. The principle is sound and fool proof; analyze the up and down slope character of the amplitude in adjacent bins, then match the slope changes to predictable rates of change. I could reliably detect Sirens 400 meters away in a Microphone mounted outside an automobile going the speed limit on a freeway. My problem is that I do not have any beacons near me from which to harvest test recordings. Any ideas?