(meteorobs) new activity on CMOR images??

Bill Cooke cookewj at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 15:38:50 EDT 2013

Hi Marcin!

Your eyes are not deceiving you - this is indeed a meteor shower that has been detected since CMOR was upgraded a few years ago. There are a few of these that have not yet been entered into the MDC; this one appears to be an annual event.

Activity period: Solar longitudes 167 to 179
Geocentric speed: 33 km/s
Radiant coordinates: RA 196 deg, Dec +58.5

Kind regards,

Bill Cooke
NASA Meteoroid Environments Office