(meteorobs) Bright meteors 21-23 TU Sept. 9th 2013

Roberto Gorelli md6648 at mclink.it
Sat Sep 14 08:26:19 EDT 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:12:12 +0000
  Esko Lyytinen <esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi> wrote:

> Yes, the cameras of Finnish Fireball Working Group have recorded
>quite an active SPE outburst mainly between 22 and 23 UT, maximum
>maybe about 22:20 or 22:25 UT.
> In all we have probably more than a hundred numeric recorded SPE:s
>and in additon to this quite a number of those in peak-hold images
>only, from cameras that have no other type detection.
> Maybe the brightest detected bolid (probably an SPE, some difficulty
>to check because the flash, in most cameras cover also the early
>track, but this can be made) is seen here:
> http://www.taivaanvahti.fi/observations/show/18219
>
> Actually even existing data would have predicted this outburst even
>with timing within about 15 minutes, conditionally.
> This was based on the 2008 outburst and the assumption that it was
>from the 1-rev trail of an unknown long period comet (and 2008 timing
>and radiant). That assumption was not certain to be true, but now
>seeems to get a good confirmation.
> Sorry, that I do not notice in time old things that I have made a
>number of years ago, myself :(
> Maybe, if I hade been more certain of the assumptions, I would have
>also remembered this in time.
> My own camera was below clouds and rain.
>
> Esko

Sorry for bad English.

I think from 2008 that the parent body of this meteor shower is coming
back and this because other comets before their return has ehanced
meteor showers as Swift-Tutte or Tempel-Tuttle etc.
I think too that I have found the specific comet, I wanted to do
articles on this topic but at the present days I'm full of (meteor)
work then I cannot to do it, perharps Esko or/and others peoples want
to do this work?

The comet should be C/1790 A1 Herschel (Carolyn Herschel)

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C%2F1790+A1&orb=1

Naturally you must remember that in positive case the orbit it's
elliptical not parabolic, the difference in solar longitude can to
come from the only 12 days of observations (in this way perharps in
some observatory or diary or other documents can to be other
observations of this comet) . I hope that the work can to be finished
before the rediscovery of the comet.

Good work!

Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli