(meteorobs) Perseid Outburt From North Carolina

richard hill dwarfnova at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 14 10:44:10 EDT 2013

Hi, All!

This was a beautiful magnificently clear morning in North Carolina so I decided to go to my primary observing site at Beaver Lake, just north of Asheville. During the first 15 odd minutes I witnessed a a total of 7 meteors streaking across the sky from the general direction of Perseus. I couldn't pinpoint the exact radiant location but it seemed to be in the general area of the Double Cluster. Three of these were quite bright and brillant yellow in color. After this period of high activity things died quickly and I saw no more activity of any kind.

Rick Hill

Sept. 14   UTC    Lim Mag  +4.5

0525-0625       -2      -1      0      +1      +2      +3
Epsilon Per(?)   1        1      1       1        2         1
Sporadic                                                  1         1

0625-0725    No meteors

0725-0825     No meteors