(meteorobs) SNOTEL/SCAN - further info for radio meteor observers

Jay Salsburg jsalsburg at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 21 18:09:55 EDT 2013

Hello Thomas

I listened to 40.69 CW for a week; heard and saw nothing. I am now using a
Tuner Dongle I recently purchased applied as a Spectrum Analyzer (SDR), and
monitor several different bands with a 2 MHz display bandwidth to see if
there are any reflections from distant transmitters. This TV Tuner Dongle is
a new design using the FC0013 Tuner chip, it receives down to 22 MHz (using
SDR Sharp for the App). I am tempted to build a better Antenna to give it
more sensitivity, all I have is a loop hanging from a pole in the yard.