(meteorobs) Deficit of southern meteor streams apparently confirmed

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 1 00:48:00 EDT 2014

UFOCapture does work with USB cameras. It, and other meteor detection
software, stacks frames for the purpose of creating astrometric
reference images. But why would you want to stack frames for a meteor
detection application? That just reduces the sensitivity to meteors and
destroys the timing information required to analyze them fully.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com